- Dealer Resources
- Internet Store
- LION Connects
- News Room
- About LION
- LION International
- Starfield LION
Careers: Engineering Intern
BullEx has an exciting opportunity for an engineering intern/co-op for the upcoming spring semester and summer. The engineering intern will work with a multi-disciplinary engineering team on all phases of product development as well as daily production support. This position will report to the engineering manager.
BullEx is a global leader in the development and sales of fire and safety training equipment including live-fire training props for firefighters, rescue manikins, smoke generators and fire safety trailers. BullEx customers include fire departments, large corporations and government installations that use its equipment to provide safer and more realistic hands-on training. BullEx is an international, award winning company located in Albany, NY. BullEx has been featured in FORTUNE Magazine and on NBC’s The Today Show.
Assist the engineering team in all phases of product development from initial design through product launch and support the daily operations of the business. The engineering intern will work within a multi-disciplinary team in the areas of design, electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineering.
- Support daily operations with focus on improving quality, reducing production time, and achieving cost savings
- Work to improve production capacity and quality through design revisions and process changes
- Assist with the layout and design of work cells for manufacturing
- Modify and update all work instructions and bill of materials related to standard products as needed
- Conduct engineering process studies, troubleshooting, and optimization of current and future manufacturing operations
- Communicate effectively with designers, engineers, technicians, and vendors on a daily basis
- Assist with the design and testing of new products
- Design and fabrication of prototypes
- Enrolled in a 4-yr engineering program with an interest in product development and manufacturing. Electrical, Mechanical, or manufacturing concentration preferred.
- GPA 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Knowledge of shop equipment including: mill, lathe, band saw, and various hand tools
- Experience with Microsoft office suite and CAD software (Solidworks, AutoCAD inventor)
- Highly organized and good time management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal direct supervision
Visit us at www.bullex.com
BullEx/LION is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse screening.